MALANIA BINTI MATUYA
MALANIA BINTI MATUYA Download VCARD
Advocate & Solicitor
DIIA (Investment) UiTM, LL.B. (Hons) UiTM, LL.M. (UiTM)
Puan Malania Binti Matuya has handled full trials at lower courts and appeal at higher courts both civil and criminal cases. Her areas of practice ranges from:
- Matrimonial cases. Represented a client in a high profile divorce case. Successfully represented a client in an annulment of marriage on ground of mistaken identity; and other divorce matters.
- Succession. Handled various succession cases upon death. Successfully denied a murder convict from claiming property of murdered wife and instead granted property to surviving child.
- Personal injury. Successfully represented clients in insurance claim against Insurance company ;and insurance claim against an airline over accident.
- Bankruptcy. Represented corporate clients on bankruptcy petitions. Represented clients for discharge of bankruptcy.
- Contractual disputes. Represented clients over personal oral contracts with recorded oral evidence tendered during trials. Successfully defended tenants over abandoning rented property and non payment of rent. Represented client in an action brought against him over claims on shares trading facilities.
- Election disputes. Assisted a team of lawyers and
successfully defended against a petition for annulment of election result.
She is passionate with her work in litigation
and keeps decorum with other practitioners. She is an avid writer and is
meticulous in her research and contributes to the firm's newsletter. Upon
obtaining her Master of Laws in 2011, she gave lectures in Business Law at UCSI
Cheras for its MBA programme and at the Faculty of Engineering UiTM for its
She was an active committee member at her residence association, a member of AWAM, was a member of SABATA (Sabah Anti-Tuberculosis Association), was a member of SWEPA (Sabah Women Entrepreneur and Professional Association), was a Women Division Head of a political party at the Federal Territory of Labuan and was a Central Committee member. She was also a councillor at the Papar District, Sabah. She is currently the Secretary for a PTA at an international school. She is an environmentalist who loves hiking and enjoys the sound and smell of nature.