LATEST LEGAL BUZZ
Women’s Rights Post Divorce - Islamic Jurisprudence
Marriage is a lifetime commitment. However, there are circumstances whereby the marriage may end unexpectedly either by divorce or death of either partner. It is undeniable that in most cases than not, women are more affected emotionally or financially as a result of a divorce or death of a partner. Women are more vulnerable in the event of marriage breakup. First, because not all women have an independent means of income. Many have to give up their careers to care for children. By the time they are forced to get back on their feet they probably have missed the age of employability denying them the opportunity to steady income.
For that reasons women need the force of law to protect them especially when they are left to mend with young children. For the purpose of this article, we will focus on post divorce rights accorded to Muslim women embedded in the Islamic Jurisprudence.
PROBLEM THAT WE SOLVE
- Sale & Purchase Transaction
- Bank (Shariah Facility Transaction)
- Bank (Conventional Loan Transaction)
- Land Law Matters/Land Acquisition
- Contract /Deeds & Agreements
- Wills, Probate & Letter of Administration
- Intellectual Property Law
- SME Legal Advisory
- Civil Litigation
- Arbitration (Construction)
- Adjudication CIPAA (Construction Industry Payment Adjudication Act)
- Shariah Advisory and Court representation.
CALCULATE YOUR LEGAL FEES HERE
Khalid, Iqbal and Associates (KIQ) is an established law firm with office in Kuala Lumpur
KIQ is known as a commercial law firm, advising a varied portfolio of clients which include Malaysian companies, banks, financial institutions, governmental organizations and statutory bodies. KIQ scope of work is focus on real estate transaction (sale and purchase of residential or commercial property), preparing loan securities documentation for banks, preparing all sorts of commercial agreements and MOU, civil litigation for business as well as for individuals (including winding-up, receivership and liquidation and Bankruptcy Proceedings and discharge), getting Probate and Letters of Administration (Kuasa Mentadbir) for distribution of estate of the deceased.
HISTORY OF THE FIRM
In the year 2000 the partners of the firm had decided to change the name & style of the firm to Krishna, Khalid & Associates. The partner of the firm had decided to choose their family name in appreciation of their parents.
Pn. Nahzatul Ain Binti Mohd Khalid is the former partner of Krishna, Khalid & Associates and based in Kuala Lumpur office. After the splitting carries the name of Khalid, Iqbal & Associates.
kiq @ facebook
- Civil court representation.
- Property Sale and Purchase Transaction.
- Loan transaction with Banks.
- Syariah Court Consultancy and court representation.
- Legal Adviser for business.
- Trademark registration and protection.
- Business Agreement.